Website, on-line Help/user manual, Legal documents (business contract, court material, patent application), diploma, certificates, Chinese medicine prescriptions, patient medical records & educational materials, marketing material, IT company Press Release, video, tourism and hospitality, etc.
Advertising, Business Administration and Management, Business General, Business Marketing, Chemistry, Computer and Information Sciences, Economics, Education, Finance, Food Sciences, General, Health, History, Hospitality, Humanities and Humanistic Studies, Information Sciences and Systems, Journalism and Mass Communication, Law and Legal, Linguistics, Literature, Medicine — Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Sociology, Telecommunications, Tourism and Travel, Visual and Performing Arts, Women Studies
Ying L. Burnside
Chinese Mandarin ó English
Cell/primary: 678. 485. 4623 Email: email@example.com
03 M.S. Computer Information Systems Georgia State University Atlanta, GA
99 Master in Mass Communications University of South Carolina Columbia, SC
92 B.A. English Tianjin Foreign Language Inst Tianjin, China
· Expertise in Interpretation, Translation, Localization QA, Chinese Teaching and Software Support
· Proficiency in Robo Help and Chinese MS system, MS Word, Excel, PPT and PDF
· Qualified Court interpreter licensed by Georgia Commission on Interpreters; Trained by the State Department on simultaneous interpretation. A subscribed member of American Translations Associations.
· Certified in Medical and Insurance Interpretation by Language Line Services
07/2006 Interpreter for Beijing Delegation Training University of Georgia
Interpreted training programs for 30-member delegation from Jilin University (China) on Higher Education Mgmt. Topics include Finances & Budgeting, Fundraising, Legal applications of Higher Education, Distance Learning, Public Affairs, HR, Instructional Technology, Program Evaluation, IP & Knowledge Transfer, Auxiliary Services, Public Service & Outreach, Partnership between Academics, Corporation and Government, Strategic Planning & Accreditation, etc. taught by UGA faculties and directors. Received overwhelmingly positive feedback from speakers and audiences. Able to quickly processing new information and relate effectively to audiences. Demonstrated excellent public speaking and delivery skills.
6/04-Present Customer Support Analyst & Translator Procuri, Inc. Atlanta
· Front-line business software application support to purchasing professionals and their suppliers. Conduct software testing; report and troubleshoot issues and provide solutions. High-volume translate our eSourcing software ranging from the entire Applications, Help systems (Demos & Tip Sheets), to PR and Marketing
· Received company "We Kneed You!" award. Commendation from numerous customers including Kraft, Cooper Industries, Ceres Health Care, and Sun Microsystems for going above & beyond delivering top-level services. Our team has won recognitions from users and customers for excellent practice standards and dedication to customer satisfaction; As a company We have won "2005 Sun Microsystems Meritorious Supplier Award".
8/96-Present Founder/Owner ISIS, LLC Atlanta
Built my own business from ground zero, maintained a consistently growing clientele, enjoy repeat customers, and won clients from competitors as a result of my superior services. Core businesses include:
· Interpretation Service: Legal (Trial, Deposition, Hearing, and Grand Jury); Insurance (Auto, Medical, Personal Injury and Worker’s Comp), Conventions, Business Meetings: Interpreter for keynote speakers and panel discussions on "MeetExpo's China! Wireless" at 04 CTIA Conference; interpreter for Infocomm International Conference 2004. Medical interpreting: pre-ops, physician consultation. Other areas: Imports & Exports, Consumer Products, Public Utilities, Government, Travel & Hospitality, Law Enforcement and Immigration.
· Translation Service: Legal (Contract, Court material, Answer to Interrogatories, Discovery, International Trademark Applications & Registrations), HR, Chemistry, Chinese medicine prescriptions, patient medical records & educational materials, software, environmental health, marketing, Press Release, Web articles, Tourism and Hospitality, etc. Manuscript Editing, Video Transcription and voice experience also. Delivered 14000 word HR, Legal, Financial content project within 3 week time frame.
· China-US Business Consulting: Consult US companies on their sourcing effort in China and help Chinese companies expand their markets in the US. Market research to identify Chinese suppliers, negotiated to secure favorable pricing and contracts. Effective in building sustained business relationships. Products represented include: Printing Products, Toe Rings, and Nails.
· Chinese/English Teaching
- Taught Chinese at Berlitz, Atlanta (2002, 2003)
- At University of South Carolina (12/96-8/99) - conducted intensive and regular Chinese teaching programs for American students of the nationally recognized Master program in International Business Studies; Prepared students with the language skills and culture awareness to conduct business in China; Class size 2-8 students; Taught reading, writing, listening and conversational skills.
- With Diplomatic Language Services, Atlanta office (07/00-10/00) - Conducted an immersion program for a CDC official who planned to take a job assignment in China
- (09/92-03/95) Full-time assistant professor teaching English to students at Nankai university in China; Produced academic research papers on Teaching English as a Second Language; Co-presented a series of lectures on Mayan Arts with visiting Fulbright professor Dr. Marilyn M. Goldstein, Director of Art History of Long Island University
02-09/03 Localization QA Tester Omni Resource Group Atlanta
· Tested (w/RoboHelp) completed software localization projects for technical and linguistic accuracy. Identified, analyzed, and documented defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies. Implemented changes.
· Worked with Asian languages including Chinese (simplified/traditional), Thai, Korean, and Japanese.
8/02-1/03 Tech Support & Training Georgia State University Atlanta
· Provided instructional technology support for 160 faculty and staff of College of Health and Human Sciences
· Utilized a tracking system to assessed training needs, offered classroom training and tutorials
· Updated and created user manuals and training guides with visual graphics.
· Updated website using Dreamweaver, SecureShell, and FTP
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, Outlook, Robo Help and Chinese MS system
· Web technology: Dreamweaver, FrontPage, FTP
· Office applications: scanner, slide scanner, slide taker, CD Creator, SnagIt
Web Development Experience – Built web sites including user interface design, login, search, and database functionality. Graphic Experience – Created newspaper, flyers, letterhead, logo, stamps, and art patterns