Anatomie, Anthropologie, Art, Arts appliqués et Design, Arts culinaires, Arts visuels et Arts du spectacle, Biomédical, Commerce (général), Commerce : Administration et Gestion, Éducation, Entrepreneuriat, Études éthniques et culturelles, Études féministes, Études religieuses, Filmologie, Général, Géographie, Gérontologie, Histoire, Histoire de la musique et Littérature, Internet, Interprétation et Mise en scène, Journalisme et Communication de masse, Linguistique, Littérature, Marketing commercial, Médecine – Acupuncture et Médecines orientales, Médecine — Éducation et promotion de la santé publique, Médecine – Neuroscience, Médecine – Ophtalmologie, Médecine – Psychiatrie, Médecine – Psychologie sociale, Médecine – Soins infirmiers, Médecine (Générale), Musique, Psychologie, Publicité, Puériculture, Radio et Télévision, Religion, Santé, Sciences humaines, Sciences politiques, Sociologie, Sport et Forme, Télécommunications, Théâtre, Théologie, Tourisme et Voyages
* 12 years experience in technical translation/interpretation English-Georgian-Russian languages in following fields: health care, medicine, pharmacology, law, economics, business/marketing, arts, etc.;
* Experience working in/with governmental, international and NG organizations;
* Outstanding language skills necessary to produce good narrative forms for a project/ organization in Georgian, English and Russian languages;
* Good communicator;
* Comfortable in multinational environment.
* Freelance interpreter/translator, 1999 – to date.
Broad experience of translation/interpretation in various fields of medicine and health care, (since 1997) from DFID /WB Project with development of educational materials in clinical subjects from English sources for Georgian family doctors and nurses; participation in the development of curricula for Georgian GPs and GP nurses; participation as an English-Georgian interpreter in numerous workshops, seminars, conferences.
Cooperation with translation agencies (Lingvo, SGS, ENA). ProZ international translators’ community member; translation of wide range of materials (English-Georgian-Russian) in health, medicine, pharmacology, advertising, social sciences, education, tourism/travel, law, etc.
* February-March 2012: MAPI Institute Language Validation Project, Local Project Manager.
As a Local Project Manager I had following tasks:
* Select 2 Georgian independent and 1 English native speaker translators; select
5 healthy individuals for testing the questionnaires by means of cognitive interviews.
* Ensure forward translation of the originals by 2 independent Georgian translators;
* Analyze and generate one intermediate Georgian version;
* Ensure backward translation of intermediate Georgian version by the English native speaker translator;
* Compare the original questionnaires and the backward translations together with MAPI Project Manager and generate Georgian version for linguistic validation;
* Linguistic validation of the Georgian pre-final version by means of:
* Analysis (sentence by sentence, term by term) with MAPI Project Manager by means of MAPI online translation management system;
* Cognitive interviews with 5 healthy individuals of relevant background;
* Analyze cognitive interviews with MAPI Project Manager and generate final Georgian version;
* Proofreading of the final version.
* American International Health Alliance (USAID), Translator/interpreter (freelancer), English/Georgian/Russian 1999 – 2005; AIHA implemented health partnership projects in the fields of primary health care, public health, women’s health, epidemiology, neonatology, health management, blood banks, etc. with extensive need of professional translation services to facilitate communication of American and Georgian partner health organizations and make project content comprehensible for local community. The work also involved translation of PPT presentations for AIHA (www.aiha.com) International Annual Conferences and provision of interpretation services.
* Project Coordinator. EU TACIS project for the Support to Primary Health Care Reform in Georgia. National Centre for Disease Control and Public Health; April 2008 – April 2012;
Coordination of project activities with donors (EU, WB, Global Fund, UNICEF, WHO, USAID, etc.) and stakeholders; management/coordination of health promotion activities in accordance Health Promotion Strategy and Action Plan for Georgia 2010-2014. Successful implementation of information, education and communication media campaigns throughout Georgia in the fields of tobacco, nutrition, physical activity, immunization, screening, safe driving; reporting.
* PR Manager of British Airways in Georgia, PR Agency Action Global Communications (Cyprus-based), 1999 – 2005;
Assist British Airways marketing locally through pres-releases; drafting press releases and feature stories; arrangement of press-conferences when British Airways had something important to announce in connection with its Tbilisi operations; liaison with local press, TV and radio; arrangement of promotional events; handing crisis communications; organization of familiarization/press trips for media to BA preferred destinations; reporting to “Action Global Communications” head office (www.actionprgroup.com);
* Project Manager/Trainer, WomenAid International-Caucasus, 2001.
Coordination and supervision of project activities: providing all necessary educational materials/aids for the trainings in reproductive health/health promotion; implementation of IEC activities at community level, liaison with relevant governmental and NG organizations, partners; drafting monthly, mid-term and final reports to be submitted to the donor agency UNHCR.
* Clinical neurologist.1990 – 1997.
Qualified as an MD, Tbilisi State Medical Institute, Faculty of General Medicine.
* Associated Diploma in Project Management from George Washington University/ESI, Oct. 2011 – Feb. 2012
* Cambridge International University distant learning course in Advertising and Public Relations, August 2006;
* Clinical Attachment to an approved UK training practice; Chelmsford, UK.
* Basic Trainers’ Course for GPs organized by the Deanery of North Thames Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education, University of London. Cambridge, UK, June 1998.
* TACIS Public Administration College (General Management, Financial Management, Market Economics, IT,) 1996, Tbilisi.
* European health Forum, Bad Gastein, Austria, October 2010.
* Health/medical conferences: Losbon, Portugal, April 2008;
* Seminar in European Studies, Euro-Caucasian University for Interdisciplinary Study, Tbilisi,
* Seminar in Public Relations, PR Development Institute. Tbilisi, Georgia; 2002;
* Salzburg Seminar “Social and Economic Determinants of the Public’s Health”. Salzburg, Austria. April 2000;
* Seminar “Evidence-based Health Care Program”, Imperial College of Medicine, Science and Technology, London, November 1997.
* Georgian – native;
* Fluent in English (Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, 1998);
* Fluent in Russian.
* MS Office applications.
* Online TMS system.
* On request.
T. Shanidze. CV
Options de paiement
Tamar Shanidze accepte les paiements des services de traitement des paiements suivants :